Blaming Consumers for Getting Sick
- For information about safe cooking temperatures for meat and poultry, click here.
- For information about foodborne illnesses, click here.
- It is the responsibility of every participant in the food production chain (farmers, manufacturers, distributors, etc.) to produce safe food.
- Consumers should NEVER be blamed for getting sick.
- Stop Foodborne Illness encourages all consumers to learn and practice the safest cooking and storage guidelines, and be knowledgable of foodborne illness in case of a manufacturing failure.